Master Works in Masonry
Back by popular demand, the Master Works in Masonry awards recognize the best in masonry design and construction in the Rocky Mountain region.
Anyone from the design/build team may enter a project in the competition - the architect, engineer, GC, supplier, or mason. First, second and third place awards will be given in six categories
Additionally, from all the eligible projects entered that were completed by a Certified RMMI Mason in all the categories one project will be selected as Best of Show. Your project must have been completed between January 2018 and November 2018. November 2018 projects can be 90% complete.
- Historic Preservation - Projects to preserve, protect or expand masonry buildings originally constructed prior to 1950.
- Commercial - Type II masonry buildings used for commercial purposes
- Multi-Family/Residential - Type I masonry buildings and single family masonry homes.
- Educational - Any masonry educational building: K-12, college, private or public
- Government - Any masonry government building: military, city hall, state facility, library, court
- Non-Building - pavers, landscaping, sound walls, retaining walls...
The deadline to enter is September 1, 2018. No late entries will be accepted due to judging and printing timelines.
There is no charge for entering.
It is a simplified, quick process to enter. Simply fill out the submission form and include 3 to 5 photos of your project, large jpeg or tiff files 300 dpi or better, with a release from the photographer providing print and electronic copyright of the images to the Rocky Mountain Masonry Institute. You must also include a narrative describing the project, not to exceed 500 words.
Judging for the Masterworks in Masonry will be done by a panel of industry experts from a masonry association in another state to ensure impartiality and fairness. Judging is based on design quality and innovation, masonry craftsmanship, the project’s contribution to the reputation of the industry, solution of unique design and construction challenges, and overall excellence. The size of the project will not be a factor in the judging.
Winners will be celebrated at the RMMI Master Works in Masonry Awards Program in November of 2018.
Click here for the submission form.